We are looking for volunteers to help with us with events, programs, and our community gardens this summer.
Garden & Art Tour (July 29, 2017)
- Garden refreshment server- providing beverages during the tour.
- Ticket sales- selling tickets the day of the event.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
Midsummer Night's Green (August 12, 2017)
Set up at Terra Firma Farms on the day of the event. Timing is flexible throughout the day. Vehicle is beneficial but not necessary. Snacks will be provided.
Serving Staff- Serving drinks and the dinner- ideally you would have serving experience however we would also be able to train you for the event- we also hope with this role you would be able to attend a meal tasting in advance to try the menu in order to answer any questions from the guests and know what is being served. After dinner has been served there would be a volunteer meal which would be an extension of the main meal.
Kitchen Helpers- Working under the chefs with last minute prep, plating up food and rinsing of plates/cutlery after dinner. Ideally these people have some kitchen or cooking experience however the chefs will train on how exactly to do everything. This could be good experience for people interested in learning more about this line of work. We also hope with this role you would be able to attend a meal tasting in advance to try the menu in order to answer any questions from the guests and know what is being served and to see how the food will be prepared. After dinner has been served there would be a volunteer meal which would be an extension of the main meal.
- Take Down (August 13 throughout the day)- dismantling and clearing up the farm from the event. The hours could be flexible. We will provide snacks for people helping.
- Email MSNG@revelstokelocalfood.com to get involved with this amazing event!
Farm Tour Series (July 30, 2017)
- Tour assistant- help deliver a hosted transportation to Wild Flight Farms in Mara, BC. First Aid training is a plus.
- Email email@example.com to get on board!
RVAC & Downtown Community Gardens (every Thursday at 6:30 pm)
- Help with upkeep of RVAC and/ or the Downtown Community Garden.
- Harvest and tend the garden.
Gleaning & Canning (all summerlong)
- Help glean fruit trees in your community and keep some of the harvest.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join our gleaning email list.
We have hired for all of our 2017 Summer positions. Thank you for your interest.